The Department of English was started since the very inception of the college. In 1954, Degree level teaching began in English. Shri G.Chakravarty, who retired in 1985, was one of the founder teachers of the Department. Shri K.N.Sahay, the founder Principal of the college and also a man of English Literature guided the functioning of the Department. Shri Muneswar Prasad and Shri L.M.Bhaduri joined the Department and rendered their services for quite some time. Shri H.Narayan joined the Department of English in the year 1957. He later joined A.S.College, Deoghar as the Principal. Shri Lalit Bhusan Prasad, Dr K.K. Bhattacharya and Shri Himanshu Shekhar Jha joined the Department and served for a long time. Dr. Binodanand Jha also joined the Department in 1964 and continued till 1999. He later joined P.G. Department of English as a lecturer in 1971 along with Shri Shivananda Jha. While Shri. L. Sharma joined the Department in 1973, Shri N.K.Thakur joined in 1975.
At present the Department of English is being served by four dedicated and distinguishes teachers. Dr. S.N.Jha assumed the charge of the Department when shri R.N.Roy retired from his servies. Dr.O.P. Sinha, Shri R.P.Singh and Ms. A.Sharma are the other three teachers of the Department