Intermediate teaching in Political Science started in 1954 at Deoghar college, Deoghar. Shri. N.K.P.Verma and Shri Shaileswar Nath were the founder teachers who joined the college on 4th Nov 1954. Honours teaching started in 1960 in the Department of Political Science. Shri C.D. Pathak and Shri Raghunath Roy joined the Department in 1961. In 1962 when the college became an affiliated unit of Bhagalpur University, the Department was considered as one of the best Departments in the university. Various academic and co-curricular activities were conducted by the Political Science Society under the guidance of Prof. S.Nath. Ms.Monika Sahay served the Department for a very brief period of time Dr.P.K.Singh joined the Department in the year 1995 after having rendered his services in D.S.M College, Jha Jha. Later in 1996 Dr. Manish Jha joined the Department.
Presently the Department is run by four distinguished and devoted Professors. Prof M.K.Sinha is the head of the Department. Prof . U.S.Sharan, Prof.S.C.Mishria and Dr. Manish Jha are the other luminaries of the Department.